water based inks and emulsion

Here you can discuss any issues related to working with water based screen printing inks. This would include curing, heat setting, mixing colors, additives, brands, usages and much more.

Moderators: Shamax, Leadfoot, ApeShirt, Catspit Productions

BuhhDill
Screen Trooper

water based inks and emulsion

Post by BuhhDill »

what emulsion would be more compatible with water based inks and higher count mesh like 200 and up?
Catspit Productions
Site Admin

Re: water based inks and emulsion

Post by Catspit Productions »

I can recommend Saati Graphic HU which is a dual cure emulsion or perhaps Textil PC which is a photopolymer emulsion.

The Graphic HU is resistant to UV, plastisol, solvent and water based inks. The Textil PC will be resistant to plastisol, water based and discharge inks when post exposed. That means after you burn the screen and wash it out, you let it dry and then expose the screen again for a minute or two to fully harden the emulsion and make it water based and discharge resistant.

You can also use other emulsions of course which are compatible with water based inks but since I use the Saati emulsions currently I know more about them. I’ll be testing some MacDermid Autotype and RhinoTech emulsions very soon.

Of course you can get Saati products at 5% off list using the Catspit promo code for Saati:

http://www.catspitproductionsllc.com/sa ... icals.html

I hope that helps out some. Anyone else feel free to suggest any emulsions you like for water based inks ;)
Jonathan Monaco
Catspit Productions, LLC
Learn how to screen print tee shirts!

http://catspitscreenprintsupply.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/CatspitProductions
BuhhDill
Screen Trooper

Post by BuhhDill »

yes that helps and the discount is just a plus :D
Saati
Instructor

Post by Saati »

We actually just came out with a new emulsion called PHU. This is a 45% solids water resistant pure photopylmer emulsion. It does real well with discharge as well. We have found with this emulsion due to its water resistance, that it has to be developed with a high pressure hose or a pressure washer at 18-24 " away with a full fan spray. This goes against other statements I have made in this forum but in this case it does yeild a noticible difference.
ninjawhiteboy12

Post by ninjawhiteboy12 »

Saati wrote:We actually just came out with a new emulsion called PHU. This is a 45% solids water resistant pure photopylmer emulsion. It does real well with discharge as well. We have found with this emulsion due to its water resistance, that it has to be developed with a high pressure hose or a pressure washer at 18-24 " away with a full fan spray. This goes against other statements I have made in this forum but in this case it does yeild a noticible difference.
Saati, I searched your site for a little more information about the PHU emulsion, but couldn't seem to find anything. Could you further explain the PHU emulsion please? I'm very curious about the exposure time, shelf/pot life, color, and its other properties.

Which of your emulsions would you recommend for long runs of discharge and water based prints, PC or the new PHU?